Friday 13 March 2015

Make Up Academy | Brand Review

Cooee,

I have found myself going straight to the *MUA counter in Superdrug* instead of Rimmel and Bourjois which is where you would have usually found me.

MUA are a makeup brand here in the UK ( don't know if its a worldwide brand) which sells affordable , between £1 and roughly £8, products. Personally, had I not try them when I started to use makeup, I wouldn't buy their products now due to thinking if it was that price because it might not be very good. Oh how I would have been wrong!

I have a couple of their products but what I have been recently loving are their lip and nail products. Both are only a £1 but I would quite happily pay more. I will be reviewing both products today.

Lip;



In a recent blog post, I was wearing *MUA's Shade 1 lipstick* ( Price £1). The colour is a matte dark red. I wanted to try a cheaper dark red lip before I brought MAC Hung up which I liked at the time. After I brought this, I feel in love with the formula , shade and staying power. I first wore it in London and it stayed on all night. Its not drying on the lips which is always a bonus in my eyes. I was worried about the shade not coming out the shade it looked like ( Does that make sense!) but it did and the colour match was perfect for me.

PS I haven't brought MAC's Hung up


Next I wanted to try MUA's special Matte range. Well its not special but the lipsticks in that range are all matte instead from their original collection which I believe is a mixture. My shade is in *Peachy Keen* (Price £1). I brought this shade as I wanted a summer colour. The formula in my opinion is not as good as the original collection but I love the colour range in the collection.

Nails;


Recently I have brought the shade *Spearmint* (£1) as well as a *Top Coat* (£1). Whenever I paint my nails , they clip within the day or they smudge. But my nail varnish has lasted two weeks and I have just re painted them. At first, I didn't have a top coat and they last two weeks and now that I have re painted them, I have added MUA Top coat which so far has been amazing.

Also, they dry so quick which is a bonus as I can never sit still.

I would recommend MUA to anyone trying makeup or is looking for a new brand to try as I have been loving their products recently.
 
Let me know the brands that you like as I'm always looking for new brands to try

Gee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my blog post? Yes, fancy leaving a cheeky comment :)